- Fall 2024 Study Programs
- State budget 2024: Allocation to the Sami university of applied sciences
- Official Opening of the Student House
- Official Opening of a New Academic Year
- Concert in the canteen 16.08!
- Get to know our new principal
- Tuition fees for international students
- School sessions and gatherings autumn 2023
- Become a student at Sámi University of Applied Sciences this fall!
Sami cultural heritage's place in relation to global challenges
The rectors of UNESCO schools and teachers gather for a national conference in Alta 13.9 and in Kautokeino on 14.9.23. The main objective of the theme of the conference is to raise competence about how Sami cultural heritage can help solve major global challenges, e.g. in climate and environmental issues. Teachers in Norway, Finland and Sweden receive a lot of information about indigenous peoples' rights and society in order to better be able to teach the students about e.g. Sami issues.
Head of the Centre for Sami in Education; Karen Inga Eira will lecture on the Sami content of the study plans, and Rector Liv Inger Somby will lecture on the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.