- Apply for spring studies 2024
- Jobber du som tolk eller har du interesse i å jobbe som tolk?
- 3D-teknologiijain vejolaš hábmet ođđa oahppofálaldagaid
- Verddeovttasbargu gaskkal Sámi allaskuvlla ja Guovdageainnu suohkana
- Sami Education Conference: New deadlines
- Min birrasat conference is open for registration
- Sami health conditions
- Oahppu ii deatte (education does not weigh down) podcast - new episode every week
- Sami cultural heritage's place in relation to global challenges
Sami cultural heritage's place in relation to global challenges
The rectors of UNESCO schools and teachers gather for a national conference in Alta 13.9 and in Kautokeino on 14.9.23. The main objective of the theme of the conference is to raise competence about how Sami cultural heritage can help solve major global challenges, e.g. in climate and environmental issues. Teachers in Norway, Finland and Sweden receive a lot of information about indigenous peoples' rights and society in order to better be able to teach the students about e.g. Sami issues.
Head of the Centre for Sami in Education; Karen Inga Eira will lecture on the Sami content of the study plans, and Rector Liv Inger Somby will lecture on the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.