- Tuition fees for international students
- School sessions and gatherings autumn 2023
- Become a student at Sámi University of Applied Sciences this fall!
- Unique on-line courses on special education
- Landscape Practices-conference in Kautokeino is open for registration
- School sessions and gatherings autumn 2022
- 6 good reasons to study at Sami University of applied sciences
- Cooperation agreement signed
- Call for abstracts: Landscape Practices Conference
Indigenous Research in the 21th Century: Workshop
Rector of Sámi University College, Dr. Jelena Porsanger was an invited speaker at the workshop on Indigenous Research methodologies earlier this week, on June 3rd.
The workshop was organized by the School for Advanced Studies in Social Science (EHESS) in Paris. The program included several indigenous scholars from Aotearoa/New Zealand, Australia, Canada etc.
Discussion themes were - among others - indigenous social research paradigm, post-Indigenous studies, indigenous research ethics, validity and dependability of indigenous Research.
Among the presenters there have been Distinguished professor Graham Smith (Te Whare Wananga O Awanuiarangi, Aotearoa/New Zealand) , Margaret Kovach (Educational Foundations/Educational Administrations, University of Saskatchewan, Canada), Aileen Moreton-Robinson (National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network, Australia), and Brendan Hokowhitu (Faculty of Native Studies, University of Alberta, Canada).
Presentations will be published by the EHESS.