- Mandatory e-learning course in infection prevention
- Sámi University of Applied Sciences well prepared to keep the campus safe
- Information regarding the corona virus
- Sámi National Day at Sámi allaskuvla
- Apply for Spring 2020 studies
- Academic administration - opening hours
- Ten points to know about before diving into studentlife
- Starting your studies at Sámi University of Applied Sciences
- Apply for a north2north scholarship and go on a student exchange!
Indigenous Research in the 21th Century: Workshop
Rector of Sámi University College, Dr. Jelena Porsanger was an invited speaker at the workshop on Indigenous Research methodologies earlier this week, on June 3rd.
The workshop was organized by the School for Advanced Studies in Social Science (EHESS) in Paris. The program included several indigenous scholars from Aotearoa/New Zealand, Australia, Canada etc.
Discussion themes were - among others - indigenous social research paradigm, post-Indigenous studies, indigenous research ethics, validity and dependability of indigenous Research.
Among the presenters there have been Distinguished professor Graham Smith (Te Whare Wananga O Awanuiarangi, Aotearoa/New Zealand) , Margaret Kovach (Educational Foundations/Educational Administrations, University of Saskatchewan, Canada), Aileen Moreton-Robinson (National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network, Australia), and Brendan Hokowhitu (Faculty of Native Studies, University of Alberta, Canada).
Presentations will be published by the EHESS.