- Apply for spring studies 2024
- Jobber du som tolk eller har du interesse i å jobbe som tolk?
- 3D-teknologiijain vejolaš hábmet ođđa oahppofálaldagaid
- Verddeovttasbargu gaskkal Sámi allaskuvlla ja Guovdageainnu suohkana
- Sami Education Conference: New deadlines
- Min birrasat conference is open for registration
- Sami health conditions
- Oahppu ii deatte (education does not weigh down) podcast - new episode every week
- Sami cultural heritage's place in relation to global challenges
Indigenous Research in the 21th Century: Workshop
Rector of Sámi University College, Dr. Jelena Porsanger was an invited speaker at the workshop on Indigenous Research methodologies earlier this week, on June 3rd.
The workshop was organized by the School for Advanced Studies in Social Science (EHESS) in Paris. The program included several indigenous scholars from Aotearoa/New Zealand, Australia, Canada etc.
Discussion themes were - among others - indigenous social research paradigm, post-Indigenous studies, indigenous research ethics, validity and dependability of indigenous Research.
Among the presenters there have been Distinguished professor Graham Smith (Te Whare Wananga O Awanuiarangi, Aotearoa/New Zealand) , Margaret Kovach (Educational Foundations/Educational Administrations, University of Saskatchewan, Canada), Aileen Moreton-Robinson (National Indigenous Research and Knowledges Network, Australia), and Brendan Hokowhitu (Faculty of Native Studies, University of Alberta, Canada).
Presentations will be published by the EHESS.