- Apply for Spring 2020 studies
- Academic administration - opening hours
- Ten points to know about before diving into studentlife
- Starting your studies at Sámi University of Applied Sciences
- Apply for a north2north scholarship and go on a student exchange!
- Still available study places at Introductory Sámi Language in Practical Situation- Part I and II in Alta
- World Indigenous Nations Higher Education Consortium AGM 2018
- Graduation students 2018
- World Indigenous Research and Education Conference
Sámi University of Applied Sciences offers PhD program in Sámi language and literature
PhD program in Sámi language and literature gives scientific research and work eligibility in the field of Sámi language and literature and corresponding sectors in which high level of linguistic and cultural qualifications are needed. The mainlanguage of the program is Sámi.
Start of studies is March 1st 2016. The application deadline is January 15th 2016. In order to apply for admission, please complete the application form (only in Sámi). The form can also be found further down on this page.
The program is standardized to three years as a full-time job. The scope of the program is 180 credits. The program has the following structure:
Compulsory for everyone (20 credits):
SAM 401 Ethics and Indigenous knowledge and -methodology (10 credits)
Elective advanced courses (minimum10 credits):
SAM 403 Perspectives in Sámi linguistics (10 credits)
SAM 404 Sosiolinguistic theories and methods concerning minority languages (10 credits)
SAM 405 Sámi onomastics as part of Indigenous onomastics (10 credits)
SAM 406 Sámi literature studies as part of Indigenous and minority literature (10 credits)
Research part (150 credits)
Read more here.