- Become a student at Sámi University of Applied Sciences this fall!
- Unique on-line courses on special education
- Landscape Practices-conference in Kautokeino is open for registration
- School sessions and gatherings autumn 2022
- 6 good reasons to study at Sami University of applied sciences
- Cooperation agreement signed
- Call for abstracts: Landscape Practices Conference
- New student ambassadors for Sámi University of Applied Sciences in Russia
- Inga Juuso – Tribute concert: Free tickets for students at Sámi University of Applied Sciences
Call for papers: Indigenous Journalism and Self-Determination Conference 2021
Call for papers for Indigenous Journalism and Self-Determination Conference has been extended until June 1, 2021. Due to uncertainties regarding the Covid-19 situation, the conference will convene entirely online. The online conference will take place from September 28th to 29th. This virtual format presents us with exciting opportunities to connect worldwide.
We invite you to submit an extended abstract (approximately 400 words) for the Indigenous Journalism Conference 2021. The theme for the conference is Indigenous Journalism and Self-determination and we aim to bring together both academics in the field of Indigenous Journalism as well as indigenous media leaders and indigenous journalists.
We would be delighted to have you attend this online conference and share knowledge on Indigenous Journalism. We encourage participants to present on the following topics. (Other subjects regarding Indigenous journalism and self-government will also be appreciated):
- Indigenous journalism and education
- Indigenous journalism and safety
- Indigenous media systems
- Indigenous journalism and social media
- Indigenous journalism and memory
- Indigenous journalism - self articulation and values
- The role of Indigenous media in Indigenous and non-Indigenous democracies
- The role of Indigenous journalists and media in environmental issues and industrial and land right conflicts
- Indigenous journalism and global Indigenous solidarity
- Indigenous journalism, ecology and nature
The best papers presented at the conference will be invited to be published in a Special Issue on Indigenous journalism in a peer reviewed journal.
Conference Name: Indigenous Journalism Conference: Indigenous Journalism and Self-determination. IJC 2021
Professor Folker Hanusch, University of Vienna: "Challenges and Opportunities for Indigenous Journalism Studies: A Research Agenda"
Professor Bronwyn Carlson, Macquarie University: “Global Indigeneity: The Affordances of Social Media for Amplifying Indigenous Voices”
Professor Katerina Tsetsura, University of Oklahoma: “Standing up for What is Just: World’s Indigenous Journalism in 2020s”
Hánnoluohkká 45, 9520 Guovdageaidnu, NorwayThe conference is organized by Sámi University of Applied Sciences
Official Wibsite: https://samas.no/se/a/indigenous-journalism-and-self-determination
Conference Date: September 28-29, 2021
Abstract/ Full Paper Submission: June 1, 2021
Information on Acceptance of Papers: August 15, 2021
Submit by email to: IJC2021@samas.no