Information regarding the corona virus
The Norwegian Government has introduced new national infection control measures on 5th November that apply to everyone. The virus is spreading rapidly and all counties now have outbreaks of infection.
- Recommendation that everyone in the coming weeks must stay at home as much as possible and limit social contact with other people. Avoid unnecessary domestic travel. Work travel that is considered necessary and trips to leisure properties that can be carried out without contact with others are exempt.
Sámi allaskuvla constantly monitors the current infection control rules so that events can be carried out. A detailed guide on infection control will be available online before the opening week.
The Infection Prevention and Control Guide is available as an e-course in Sami and English for students and staff:
- Watch the e-learning course: https://youtu.be/IBfPUlE9vxQ
For students: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/R9NG6TF
For staff: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/WFCQZDY
Digital lectures and events
Most events and all lectures will be transferred digitally, so that you can follow the streaming online if you for various reasons are prevented from being on campus.
The most important infection control measures that everyone should follow are:
1.Illness and quarantine (scroll down to read more about guidance about quarantine)
- If you are ill or have a feeling of illness, then you should stay at home.
- If you are in quarantine, then do not visit or stay at Diehtosiida.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly in lukewarm soapy water. If you do not have access to water, use hand disinfection with alcohol based products.
- Use paper tissue in front of your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Throw the tissue after use. If you do not have paper tissue, use a flexed elbow.
- Wash your hands before touching your face and before eating.
3. Keep a distance from others
- Keep at least 1 meter away from other people. Advices from fhi.no about Social distancing.
Avoid unnecessary travels nationally.
Everyone who arrives in Norway from an area/country that the Norwegian government has marked as red or gray, must be in quarantine for 10 days.
• Follow the map of which areas apply on the National Institute of Public Health's website. Be aware the situation can change quickly.
Guidance on quarantine
You are responsible for following the regulations that apply at all times. It is recommended to familiarise yourself with the current advices on this website https://www.fhi.no/en/op/novel-coronavirus-facts-advice/facts-and-general-advice/social-distance-quarantine-and-isolation/
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, such as fever or respiratory diseases, you should isolate yourself as soon as possible, and contact a doctor on tel. 116 117.
The situation can change quickly, and then the measures also change. An update on current measures will then be available on this website.