SÁM Introductory Sámi language in practical situation – Part I (Gáivuotna/Kåfjord)
- Language of instruction: Northern Sámi
- Study place: Manndalen in Kåfjord
- 15 credits
- Tution fee: 400 NOK.
- Spring 2018 teaching weeks: 7, 9, 11, 15, 18 and 22
The classes with teachers are approximately 150 hours. In addition to this, the students will work individually or in groups for approximately 150 hours. The course will start on February 12 2018 in Manndalen.
Teaching weeks for spring 2018 are 7, 9, 11, 15, 18 and 22. Oral examination will be arranged in June in collaboration with Sámi University of Applied Sciences. In the week of exam there will also be two days of teaching.
Employees in the municipality of Kåfjord can apply for leave with a salary to attend the course.
For more information, contact Inger Åsli, tlf. 77 71 92 32.
Application deadline for admission: 19.1.2018.
The course will start if there are enough participants. Enrollment to Sámi University of Applied Sciences: samas.no and to Giellasiida: email@example.com
The education is intended for those who do not speak or write Sámi language.
According to the regulations for admission to higher education, Sámi Language in practical situation – Introduction 1. Part and 2. Part and Semester Course in North Sami Language are exempted from the requirement for Higher Education Entrance Qualification. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sami connection due to Sámi Univeristy of Applied Sciences regulations. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sami connection according to the following alternatives
- Sami who have lost their language and want to learn Sami language, or
- Employees at public institutions in Sami areas who want to learn Sami language, or
- Others (eg, applicants who live in a Sami family or in a Sami area and wants to learn Sami)
Applicants will write motivation letters explaining which of the alternatives are the basis for the application.
The course has 12 study seats, of which 6 study places are reserved for applicants who have received financial support for the study of the municipality of Kåfjord. Remaining study seats are prioritized as follows:
1. Sami who have lost their language and want to learn Sami language
2. Employees at public institutions in Sami areas who want to learn Sami language
3. Others (eg, applicants who live in a Sami family or in a Sami area and wants to learn Sami)
The course will start if at least five applicants accept the offer for a study place.