SÁM Introductory Sámi language in Practical Situation- Part I (Áltá/ Alta)
SÁM Introductory Sámi language in practical situation – Part I
- Language of instruction: Northern Sámi
- Study place: Alta Sámi Language Center (Álttá Sámi Giellaguovddáš)
- 15 credits
- 150 teaching hours, 150 hours individual studies
- Oral exam in cooperation with the Sámi University of Applied Sciences
- Application deadline: 1th of August 2018
- Starts: 20th of August 2018
- Exam: 9th of October 2018
This course is intended for those who don’t speak or write Sámi language, but want to learn it from scratch. In this course you will learn the language by practical works.
- Course fee: 1200 NOK material fee to Alta Sámi Language Center and 400 NOK semester fee to the Sámi Universitŧ of Applied Sciences
The course emphasizes on communication and interaction between students in Sámi. Students receive training through communication in various situations in everyday life. New words, speaking and writing exercises and language exercises are adapted for various topics. All topics include verbal tasks, role plays and simple texts.
The course also includes short and overnight excursions. The study concludes with an oral presentation of a project.
This course can be compared with European language portfolio A1-A2 (Davvin 1 and 2)
After this course you can continue with the Introductory Sámi Language in Practical Situations- Part 2 in Alta in October 2018.
Introductory Sámi Language in Practical Situations- Part 1 and 2 provide a basis for further studies at the Semester Course in North Sámi language.
Submission of a folder and oral exam, which are graded by passed or non-passed. The exam is arranged in Alta.
Are you working in areas located in the Sámi administrative area, it may require you to have Sámi language skills. Therefore, this study suits persons who are preparing to work in Sámi areas.
For more information, send an e-mail or call;
firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +47 97113606/ +47 97091011
The education is intended for those who do not speak or write Sámi language.
According to the regulations for admission to higher education, Sámi Language in practical situation – Introduction 1. Part and 2. Part and Semester Course in North Sámi Language are exempted from the requirement for Higher Education Entrance Qualification. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sámi connection due to Sámi Univeristy of Applied Sciences regulations. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sámi connection according to the following alternatives
- Sámi who have lost their language and want to learn Sámi language, or
- Employees at public institutions in Sámi areas who want to learn Sámi language, or
- Others (eg, applicants who live in a Sámi family or in a Sámi area and want to learn Sámi)
Applicants will write motivation letters explaining which of the alternatives are the basis for the application.
The course has 12 study seats. Prioritization of study seats is done according to the regulations of Sámi Univeristy of Applied Sciences:
Study seats are prioritized as follows:
1. Sámi who have lost their language and want to learn Sami language
2. Employees at public institutions in Sámi areas who want to learn Sámi language
3. Others (eg, applicants who live in a Sámi family or in a Sámi area and want to learn Sámi)