SAAL 1 Introductory South Sami language in practical situation –Part I
- Language of instruction: Southern Sámi
- Study place: Sijti Jarnge/Hattfjelldal
- 15 credits
- Fall 2021
- Lectures, gatherings and schedule can be found here!
This course is intended for those who don’t speak or write Southern Sami language, but want to learn it from scratch. In this course you will learn the language by practical works.
- Course fee: 1200 NOK material fee and 400 NOK semester fee
The enviroment of communication is organized for practical situations. The students are expected to communicate in Sami language among themselves and to the teachers whenever working. Central learning themes are connected to Sami traditions, life sustaining issues and other areas. The introductory headlines for the themes are:
- The local enviroment
- Life Sustaining issues
- Basic societal encounters
The very basics of syntax, morphology and phonology will be handled. The part of speech inflect patterns umlaut and vowel changes will be taught along with practical work in various situations.
After successful completion of this course it is possible to continue with Introductory South Sami language in practical situation - Part II.
Are you working in areas located in the Sami administrative area, it may require you to have Sami language skills. Therefore, this study fit for those who are preparing to work in Sami area
The education is intended for those who do not speak or write South Sami language.
According to the regulations for admission to higher education, introduction courses and semester courses in Sami language are exempted from the requirement for Higher Education Entrance Qualification. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sami connection due to Sámi Univeristy of Applied Sciences regulations. The exception applies to applicants who have a Sami connection according to the following alternatives:
• Sami who have lost their language and want to learn Sami language, or
• Employees at public institutions in Sami areas who want to learn Sami language, or
• Others (eg, applicants who live in a Sami family or in a Sami area and wants to learn Sami) Applicants should write motivation letters explaining which of the alternatives are the basis for the application.
The study places can be reserved for exchange and scholarship students.